Pasta and sauce is an easy and delicious backpacking staple. I used to make this recipe with bigger pasta, but couscous works great.
- 1 bottle of pasta sauce (avoid sauces with cheese)
- 1 onion, chopped into smallish pieces
- Garlic, diced
- mushrooms, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into smallish pieces
- 1-2 zucchinis, sliced, then halved or quartered, depending on size
- 1 package veggie meat crumbles
Sauté the onions in a little bit of oil
Add the peppers and sauté some more
Add the garlic, veggie meat, mushrooms, and zukes
Cook that mixture a little while until you’re comfortable with the doneness of the mushrooms and zucchinis
Add the sauce and heat through
Scoop out the sauce onto the fruit leather trays and dehydrate at ~135º.
Bag it Up – 4 servings
Weigh out the sauce and bag it into 4 equal parts. Add couscous to each bag.